In today’s increasingly connected world, a second language opens up a window to a wealth of opportunity for children in their school years and beyond. For over 25 years, millions of children worldwide have learned a second language using MUZZY.
MUZZY’s long history of success now comes freshly alive with all-new 3-D animation and sparkling sound. Developed by the British Broadcasting Corporation, MUZZY is effective for children of all ages.
There’s no better time than now to get children started on the journey to bilingualism. Let your young patrons explore a bigger world through language learning.
WATCH THIS VIDEO
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MUZZY.
MUZZY IS MODELED ON THE
WAY WE ALL LEARNED
OUR FIRST LANGUAGE
By employing a natural immersion approach, MUZZY surrounds children with visual,
aural, and contextual language. MUZZY was designed for the way children learn
and emphasize functional language through repetition and spiraling with no
memorization or drills. There are no rules! As the animated story unfolds, 1200+
words and concepts are introduced, then reviewed again and again in new contexts,
contributing to functional bilingualism. MUZZY’s multi-sensory, multi-layered
the approach works for language learning students of all learning styles,
demonstrating the power of immersion and repetition.
WHO BENEFITS FROM MUZZY?
- All children benefit – the younger the better! Even children younger than two can begin the journey to bilingualism with MUZZY.
- Children who read and children who don’t yet read. Youngsters begin by watching a video story. Their learning is enhanced through games in the online MUZZY Club, many of which are for non-readers.
- English Language Learners. Children and adults who are new to the English language will benefit from the immersive approach in MUZZY.
HOW DOES MUZZY WORK?
Children begin learning a new language by watching The Big Muzzy Story about
the extraterrestrial Muzzy and his friends. As the story unfolds, 1200+ words and
concepts are introduced repetitively, and in context, using the same process we
all used to learn our mother tongue.
Games and activities in the online MUZZY Club reinforce
the learning, making learning fun. The robust volume of
words and phrases create a truly bilingual child.
WHY IS MUZZY DIFFERENT?
- MUZZY’s 3-D animated story captivates
children and holds their attention.
- Through an immersive approach,
children learn in the same way they
learned to speak their native language.
- There are no rules in MUZZY! Just as
there were no rules when a child began
to acquire their mother tongue, MUZZY
teaches in a natural, immersive way.
- Repetition is key to learning. MUZZY’s
story and astonishing 3-D animation
appeal to children so they WANT to
watch over and over, having fun and
learning along the way.
- MUZZY exposes children to 1200
words, offering one of the broadest
vocabularies available today.
- The nature of MUZZY allows children
younger than two to begin learning.
Online games in MUZZY Club are
designed for both reading AND
WHY SHOULD YOU INCLUDE
MUZZY IN YOUR LIBRARY?
- MUZZY takes advantage of the “window
of effortless learning,” allowing your
youngest patrons to start language
learning when they are most receptive.
- Including MUZZY in your collection
provides a service to children who don’t have access to the Internet at home. These children should not be left out of the benefits of bilingualism.
- Do you have other language learning
products in your library? No problem!
MUZZY will support the youngest users (remember the games for non-readers?) and easily co-exist with products aimed at older learners.
WHY IS MUZZY DIFFERENT?
MUZZY BBC on DVD and MUZZY Club online nicely
complement any library collection, either separately or
bundled together for additional language learning fun!